1. Can I come for only one or two nights to Yoga Camp?
We recommend that you come for the entire camp in order to have the full experience and the most restorative experience possible. However, we recognize that everyone has different commitments and if you are unable to come to the full weekend we can make arrangements for you to come for less time. Please talk to us about your situation and we will see if we can work something out.
2. I have food sensitivities or allergies, can you accommodate for them?
Yes, every year at Yoga Camp we have many people on special diets, we always work with each individual to ensure there will be ample food for them to eat.
3. How many campers are in each cabin?
There are typically between 6-8 campers in each cabin. We give everyone ear plugs every year incase you are a lighter sleeper.
4. Do I need to bring my own sheets and towels?
Yes, you will be sleeping in a camp cabin with other campers and you need to bring your own bedding (sheets, sleeping bag or blankets) and towels with you.
5. I don’t have a car, can I still come to Yoga Camp?
Yes, we help to arrange car pooling so everyone is able to get up to Yoga Camp each year.
6. I need to leave early on Sunday morning will that be all right?
Of course. You might miss out on some activities on Sunday but you are welcome to leave at any time.
7. I’m new to Yoga will there be classes that are suitable for me?
Yes, there are a variety of classes and workshops at Yoga Camp many of which are suitable to people who are new to the practice.
8. How long does it take to drive to Yoga Camp?
Yoga Camp is typically between 3.5 hours from the city of Toronto, depending on traffic and departure point.
9. Do I need to attend all of the classes and workshops?
No, Yoga Camp is a choose your own adventure weekend. You are welcome to attend as many or as few of the classes and workshops as you’d like.
10. I’d like to participate in the mala making workshop, is that included in the cost of Yoga Camp?
The Mala making workshop costs extra to participate in. You need to sign up for it and pay separately from Yoga Camp. This is to ensure we have adequate supplies and beads for the malas for each person.
11. Are massages extra?
Yoga Camp is happy to offer you the opportunity to receive a Thai or Swedish massage. These need to be booked in advanced and paid for in cash at the Yoga Camp weekend.
12. Are the cabins heated and do they have bathrooms?
Yes, each cabin has its own bathroom, warm water and heating.
13. What happens when it rains at Yoga Camp?
There are always a variety of indoor activities going on at Yoga Camp, such as yoga classes and a variety of workshops.
14. I’ve never been waterskiing before, but I’d like to try. Can I try at Yoga Camp?
Yes, the camp staff would be happy to help you try out any activities.
15. I have an injury, is Yoga Camp still suitable for me?
Yes, all of the teachers are able to modify their classes to suit individuals dealing with specific injuries. Also there are a variety of classes of varying difficulty and activity level. You will find classes and workshops suitable to you whether or have an injury or not.